yher 2019 Accelerator Program for Passionate Female Impact Entrepreneurs in Africa
Deadline: 15 August 2019
Are you a Female Founder that has already launched a business that is making a difference in their community or in the lives of the women and girls (by improving education, health, homes or creating good jobs)? Do you want to scale their venture to impact many more people? Are you on a clear path to revenue? If yes, then apply now for the yher Africa 2019 Accelerator Program.
Searching for New Donors & Grants?
Get Instant Access to New Grants, Sample Proposals and Ebooks on Fundraising
Applications are now open for yher Africa 2019 Accelerator Program which is a powerful opportunity for passionate female impact entrepreneurs in Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change their communities, with a preference for those who are improving the lives of women and girls in Africa.
Their exclusive accelerator program aims to back female-led impact ventures across Africa.
This program runs in a number of stages:
- Accelerator: A week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track applicant’s early stage venture. They’ll provide training and mentorship while also connecting them to an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world.
- Mentorship: Connection to a network of mentors from across the world throughout the Accelerator week, providing applicants with a wealth of entrepreneurship experience to help them build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth.
- High-Tea: An opportunity for applicants to network with potential funders, mentors and supporters and to pitch their venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only high-tea event.
- Funding: A total of $25,000 in prize funding is available for the winners of their peer review and audience votes.
- Growth Support: Potential to qualify for Growth support, including ongoing tailored support and grant or investment funding of $10,000 to $50,000 AUD to help scale applicant’s venture.
- Community: Ongoing connection with its virtual community to help applicants along their entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins, mastermind sessions and knowledge sharing.
PROGRAM DATES: 2nd-8th November 2019
They’re looking for:
- Female-Led Ventures: Applicants must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
- Local: Applicants intimately understand the problem that they are trying to solve.
- Social Impact: Applicants’ venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Support Women and Girls: While not required, they preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
- In the Early Stages: Applicants will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. Applicants will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit https://ygap.org/yherafrica/