WWF launches a call for proposal to recruit a trainer for training of trainers (TOT) program for Libyan Trainers
PROJECT ELNLD : « ENABLING LIBYAN NGOs TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE NEW LIBYAN DEMOCRACY »
♦ WWF is conscious that the long-term success of the conservation activities it supports can only be reached through the active participation of local individuals, groups and organisations. Hence, WWF has decided to concentrate much of its effort in North Africa on helping build the capacity of grassroots and local environmental groups of the south of the Mediterranean as a contribution to the democratization processes initiated by the Arab spring results.
♦ WWF participated in the first Libyan Civil Society Forum and had the chance to meet a group of eight Libyan environmental NGOs that confirmed their interest and willingness to work with WWF on building their capacity. Indeed, facing a challenging way to perform sustainable development in Libya, the newly emerging civil society organizations (CSOs) are called to be real change actors. CSO situation in Libya is promising with evolving several organizations, though yet needy for appropriate enabling environment allowing a participatory decision-making processes.
♦ The presence of professional and qualified NGOs that can reference themselves legitimately to local societies, that can represent and promote common interests such as the quality of the environment, that are able to bring a constructive input to political and governmental processes, is a crucial condition for the long term achievement of environmental conservation results and widespread environmental awareness.
♦ In this context, WWF, office of Tunisia, along with its partner and with support of EU, is currently implementing a Capacity Building Programme in support of the project « Enabling Libyan NGOs to shape the future of the New Libyan Democracy ». The project’s overall objective is to promote and strengthen a broad-based and inclusive civil society in Libya, mainly environmental NGOs that are capable to represent common interests and to engage with communities and public authorities at different decision making levels.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Upgrade the capacity, establish good governance and support direct actions of Libyan NGOs working in the field of environment and sustainable development.
- Develop a vibrant Libyan network of NGOs working in the field of environment that can represent the common interests of their communities and play an active and effective role in monitoring and influencing policies and development processes.
- Establish contacts and promote dialogue between the Libyan State actors and the NGOs working in the field of environment and sustainable development.
- Establish regional collaboration between Libyan, Tunisian and Moroccan NGOs working in the field of environment and sustainable development.
The project main results are expected to be:
- A detailed overview (map) of national NGOs with a detailed description of their strengths and weaknesses and needs for building their capacity, and a description of the wider civil society movement in Libya.
- Four capacity building modules related to NGO management and leadership and organizational development, participatory appraisal, facilitation techniques, community planning and design, conflict prevention and resolution, environmental and social impact assessment, fundraising skills and techniques, financial management for non-financial managers, communications, advocacy and campaigning and membership building, and Training for trainers modules for selected Libyan Trainers.
- NGOs membership is doubled during the project period.
- A functional network of NGOs is established in the country and fully contributing to the implementation of NGOs’ strategies and action plans related to environmental protection and biodiversity conservation.
- 300 participants from NGOs from the country trained through workshops, meetings, E-learning modules and exchanges.
- A strong and capable local project partner, with improved capacity to develop and implement actions in the fields of environmental protection and wildlife conservation, and capacity to coordinate and facilitate the work of the NGOs network.
- 15 NGOs have a clear action plan and strategy appropriate to the current capacity of the NGOs and to be implemented over the following 3-5 years.
- Selected Libyan trainers support NGOs in Libya and coordinate meetings between NGOs and Libyan actors.
- Online platform/portal for the Libyan Environmental NGO( a national web portal and E-learning modules)
♦ One of the main activities to achieve the above mentioned outputs is the strengthening of the capacities and self-reliance of the emerging Libyan environmental NGOs, through implementing specifically designed 4 Tailor-Made Trainings, a developed e-learning platform and intense skills sharing with environmental CSO actors from Tunisia and Jordan.
♦ The intended capacity building outline will enable implicated NGOs upgraded management and technical skills that allow a proactive participation and decision making process influence. Therefore, a special training course will be developed and implemented to build target selected trainers skills on “Training of trainers”,
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This consultancy will comprise of preparing the content and the training materials as well as organizing, administering and facilitating one workshop.
The main objective of this assignment is to prepare and deliver a training course related to ‘Training of trainers following the suggested i) programme and ii) methodological note.
The training course targets 6 trainees selected in the beginning of the project. The trainees will be able, after the training, to deliver and organize training workshops in Libya for Environmental NGOs.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The main training topics under this assignment will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Training tools and methodology
- Concrete cases and exercises as well as working group methodology
- Detailed program
- Design a range of realistic interactive exercises, including “hands-on” practice of skills, to support course content and objectives;
- Revise and update existing exercises and simulations as needed;
- Prepare instructions, role descriptions and other materials.
- The training language will be in Arabic and the report will be delivered in Arabic and English.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The duration of the assignment is foreseen to be 6 expert/days as follows:
- Preparation: 1expert/days
- Implementation: 4 expert/days (four days training)
- Reporting: 1 expert/day
The indicative starting date will be from 22 to 25 June 2019.
LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The training course will be implemented in Tunisia (Tunis); the specific locations will be confirmed later.
The expert will deliver:
- All training content and material developed for each session must be delivered on soft copies (Mail transfer and CD master copy)
- Draft material shall be discussed and communicated sufficiently before the training;
(All material and reports must comply with the visibility rules of the EU, see visibility manual https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/sites/devco/files/communication_and_visibility_manual_en_0.pdf)
- Final completion report.
All rights of copyright concerning the material produced by consultant will remain the property of WWF and can only be used by the expert with appropriate attribution by WWF.
Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR.
Payments will be issued upon certification of WWF Programme Manager. It is foreseen that the contract value will be paid upon submission and approval of final training report and all required training materials.
- Appropriate academic qualification in relation to the current assignment;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the training and capacity building related field;
- TOT accredited certificate
- Experience in conducting trainings for civil actors shall be considered as an advantage;
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English;
- Solid analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think creatively;
- Good knowledge of local context (culture, politics, and geography).
Source : http://jamaity.org/opportunity/wwf-formation-formateurs-ong-libyennes/