Environment Policy Specialist at UNDP, Phnom-Penh, Cambodia
Deadline: 30 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environment Policy Specialist in Phnom-Penh, Cambodia. The duration for this post is 1 year.
The Environmental Policy Specialist is to provide management and technical support for a new environmental project, towards environmental sustainability.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environment Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate UNDP’s policy engagement in terms of policy dialogue, research, partnership, and communication and advocacy.
- Build up a programme pipeline, mobilize resources, and formulate and design the Country Programme/Action Plans, new programmes and projects in line with global standards, UNDAF, UNDP Strategic Plan and corporate direction.
- Support the design and implementation of the communication strategy.
- Provide guidance for effective and timely project implementation for a SIDA environment project and other projects when and if required.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, and Policy or other relevant discipline. A PhD degree is an asset.
- At least 7 years of working experience in natural resource management, environmental management and policy and/or a related field: experience in South East Asia including Cambodia is a plus;
- 3 years of in-country developing country experience in working with national and subnational governments and forming strategic stakeholder partnerships in formulating strategies and action plans in the field of natural resources management and environment;
- Experiences in leading human development-oriented research and policy works and mobilising resources for environmental initiatives;
- Knowledge of UNDP policies and procedures and of developing and experience implementing UNDP environment projects at the country level, including quality assurance processes and social and environmental standards screening is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.